Ovarian Cancer Community
should i be worried ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

should i be worried ?

Hello im a 31 y/o female , back in 2001 i was having lower adominal (abdominal) pains ,had ultrasound   everything was ok but my endometrial lining was 13mm thick , and i had a ovarian cyst 1cm big on my left ovary . well thinking everything was ok i let it go . well in 2006 i started having bad cramps and back pains and sorta heavy period (first 3 days passing clots) found out my uterus was enalrged and the size of a 12 wk preg. and had a tumor the size of a small orange . doc wanted to do a hysterectomy on me , but my insurance interfeared. so i let it go again . now i just went back to my gyn last week  my uterus size went from a 12wk  to a 16 wk in size, and he couldnt feel my ovaries . so he desided to do my yearly exam and an ultrasound . well my ultrasound stated that i have several masses , my endomtrial lining is 2cm thick , and its pushed to the left, i have muilty cysts on my left ovary the biggest one being 1cm, and on my right small follicules , my pap came back abnormal  and my doc did a endometrial biopsy on me now im waiting on that , and now because my pap came back abnormal he is wanting to do a colpscopy on me in 2wks  .does this all sound bad ? am i worriing for nothing . my grandmother died of ovarian cancer she had a 18lb tumor on her ovary and it spreaded to her lungs and bones . she past away at 66 y/o . am i just being a worry wort or do i have a reason to be ? is there anyone out there with the same symtoms (symptoms)? im just scared and a u can see impatient on waiting for that biopsy results . but like i said my pap came back abnormal , and my hpv high risk was possitive !!!!! please any advice i would be greatly happy of right now . thank you for listening and reading my post !
It is normal to worry over our health. Don't let lack of insurance keep you from taking care of yourself any more. Get help from social services if needed and take care of yourself. I know that waiting on results is no fun. I do it every month. Keep pushing the doc until all of your troubles are diagnosed and treated. Good luck to you. Marie
Please don't put away this time, especially when your grandmother was die of OVCA.  Please fina a GYN/oncologist if your are not seeing one. Have had a ca125 done? You may want to have one if don't have yet,  also want you to know elevated ca125 doesn't mean you have OVCA, but most OVCA patients have high ca125. At least to rule out OVCA and focus on enlarged uterus and abnormal PEP

Where are the other masses the found from US?

Also want you to know the final dx of OVCA is from biopsy.  

Best wish

Peace

jun

yes i am seeing a gyn , and i dont know where my tumors are located , he was callig them fibroids but last mediacal notes he states masses not fibroid tumors . and i had an endometrial biopsy done wed. so i waiting on the results, and in 2wks he is doing a colpscopy on me . thank you for concer and answering my post !

thankyou..2young