Ovarian Cancer Community
simply star

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

simply star

Hi just thought l would let you know that l am sending warm wish to you and your daughter to day and hope her doctors app went well to day take care from chookey in oz
Leslee got back from Mayo last night , went into work today. Mayo did a lot of tests and told her that her recurrance is dangerous but not life threathning.  They put her on a clinical trial, she will be the first one getting it. Will be able to tell you more when I get more info from her.  Although she will be getting the drugs here, Mayo called her main onoco here and told him that the doctor that gave Leslee the last reports was wrong,  It is not as bad as that lady doctor implied. Mayo has taken full control now and will be directing all tests and reports.   I know we aren't "out of the woods" yet but at least she has some encouragement now.  I also would like to give that lady doctor a "cyber" slap for telling her she had 2 years to live.
That is so wonderful to hear that she sounds like her old self.  It takes so much out of you and to feel good well..that is just great! I hope the trial works magic.  Good wishes
Just talked  to Les  and here is what she told me, They injected radioactive material into her to show the lesions clearly,  she has 3,  all 1/2" in diameter.   She is to start a clincal trial Monday 1 pill a day, a 2 hour infusion 3 times a month,  for 6 months. Rest of scan came back clean, head to toe.  They told her it would affect her bone marrow the most, 50% chance of losing her hair,  no noticable affects for the first week or so, will ignore the CA125 for  a while, told her she was one of the lucky ones that her CA125 was accurate but will not be now while trial is going on.  She sounded like her old self to me,  strong and confident. She will be one of 10 women in this trial and she will be the first one. Mayo is running the trial and will be in contact with her onoco here at home for all reactions.  I feel a big load off of me right now.  
Glad to hear that Leslie was able to get into a clinical trial program at Mayo, like you said, she is in good hands.  She seems to be handling this pretty well from what you said. I can imagine the relief you are feeling.  Take care of yourself too.