soft tissue mass
Hello all I had a ct scan a few weeks ago and I've just received a letter back this morning and was hoping someone on here could give me more information please. First of all I have a j pouch that I have regular check ups for but on my last check up I was sent to have a ct scan. This is what its got on my letter, there is no soft tissue mass identified within the pouch and the soft tissue mass outside the bowel in the pelvis is thought to be likely ovarian, could anyone please tell me what this means. Thank you x
Are you a colon cancer survivor?  

Maybe the mass is attached to the ovary?  Most ovarian masses, etc are benign.  I would ask the doctor for further clarification, the report does not seem very complete to me.
Thank you nyc lady for you reply, I had my large Intestines removed in 1996 due to having f.a.p hence why I've got a J pouch. What I wrote above is all that was said in the letter that was sent to me. I've managed to get a doctors appointment for later on today so hopefully I will get more info. Its just been worrying me like crazy all day hence why I joined this forum x
Let us know what happens at the appointment.
Hi nyc lady I had my doctors appointment and asked about the scan and was told that it would be best if I spoke to my consultant about it so I'm now waiting for an appointment to go and see him