Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
still have alot of pai
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

still have alot of pai

I had a partial hysterectomy a year ago due to fibroids. Two weeks ago I had to have ovaries removed due to  cysts, had a complex cyst with lesions on left ovary and cysts on right overy. I also had free fluid in the pelvic region. I now have severe pain again on my left side under my rib cage (had this before surgery)that radiates across my lower back. I have to uriante quite frequently and this causes alot of pain in my abdomen, my stomach has also swollen up again like before I had surgery and have a general felling of just being ill, tired all the time cant sit or stand for very long. Is this something that I should be concerned about, am really fearing the worst, please advise.
Related Discussions
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi There,

I think you need to be seen by your surgeon. You are in the time after surgery where I worry about surgery related problems.

I would list these as:
---infection
---pneumonia
---bladder infection
---kidney infection
---blockage of the ureters (the tubes that take the urine from kidney to the bladder)
---bowel obstruction
---blood clot in the lungs

and it could just be gas.  So please see you surgeon for a careful check up

take care
akg
5 Comments
Blank
I did see my medical records and it stated the left ureter was never seen, is this common?
Blank
so sorry that you feel so bad. I would for sure talk to your doctor again. you cant go thorough pain like that. i had a ct scan and they said they could not see my right uter. i wonderied the same thing. the urologist was not worried about it. but i wonder should i be also.
hope you feel better soon keep us posted
Blank
hi!  i had a huge ovarian mass removed 3 months ago.  I had a 7 inch long vertical laparotomy.  the part of the scar that is in my pubic area is red, sore, bulging and sort of looks like a "leech".  are these signs of a hernia.  when i apply pressure or lean back, the scar still hurts.  i am still unable to wear jeans. are these signs of hernia.  would appreciate any feedback.  

how long do you think it will take for me to completely healed?  thanks!
Blank
Hi Phoenix, you should see your doctor. You may have an infection under the scar or you could be developing a thick scar called a keloid.

dear Barreld,
It is unusual not to see the ureter but it depends on the surgical technique used at surgery.
best wishes
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Chemotherapy Tracker