Ovarian Cancer Community
stomach pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

stomach pain

Hi I dont want to sound like im a hypercondriac but the abdomial (abdominal) pain that women experince with ovarian cancer is it lower or upper pain. I have upper stomach pain for over a yr now. It comes and goes its really high like right under the v part the ribs and top of stomach. I had a scope down the throat and and stomach they said there is redness and iritation there and had colonosopy also  both done in june.  I also had a colon ososcopy done five yrs ago and it was fine but this time they say i had a tortues colon meaning lots of twists and turns but its funny i didnt have it five yrs ago. I just makes me worried I know a gal who was just diagnosed with stage 4 ovarian cancer and she went for a yr to the doctor and they just now diagnosed it. Her symptoms were stomach pain also but I only know herwell only in passing so i would never feel right asking. The pain feels like someone taking a piece of broken glass and ripping my stomach and it comes quickly and leaves quickly its not all the time no rhyme or reason to it. It just worries me wondering if there is something they are missing. I had a hyserectomy two and half yrs ago but left my ovaries but they did take one or both fallopian tubes because they had fluid in them. Last december I had ultrasound of stomach and I think my ovaries too. just worring some. thanks in advance
Oh ya forgot to mention sometimes the pain is just above the belly button too but not often.
Hi,  I know it is worrisome when you can't explain your pain.  But, it sounds like ovarian cancer isn't likely your problem since you have no mass and your pain doesn't sound like the usual for ovarian cancer.  I have a condition of pain in the middle of my rib cage that was diagnosed as costrochondritis which is basically arthritis in the rib care.  It is just painful but nothing serious.  This may be your pain or you should follow up with your doctor.  The place you are describing with the sharp pain sounds like stomach, gallbladder or liver.  It is worth following up with your doctor but I really don't think it is ovarian cancer by those symtpoms.  Your scan would have shown a mass in your pelvis with ovca.  Good luck on finding answers.  
Hi,  I think I know you from the heart board, right? I'm sorry you're having even more problems with your body parts.

You're not a hypochondriac. You have pain and the doctors haven't identified the source yet. That's a concern. I had an ovary problem over a year ago (along with surgery) and the discomfort I had wasn't like the pain you're describing. I wonder: have they checked for any type of hernia around the umbilicus or diaphragm? How's your pancreas doing?

You mentioned the scope showed some redness and irritation in the esophagus. Are you treating that? Acid reflux can damage the esophagus and cause nasty pain. My husband has been battling that for years.

Don't give up yet. Keep pressing for answers. Pain is a sign something isn't quite right.
Hi Ireneo yep its me from the heart forum thought that was you.
Well with the ultra sound they checked my pancreas I was pretty worried about that as well my ex sister in law had panreatic cancer so i was worried about that. I do have chostochrondritis have been diagnosed with that. But this pain is usually below the v part of the ribs. I do have a prescription for prilisac or previcid side effects can cause irregular heart beat so i dont take it. like i said i think they looked at my ovaries not sure but thinking they did. Its not gall bladder had that checked as well and they looked at my liver too.
Ok did forget to mention but i have always had trouble with my tummy bein kinda big even though im very small. sometimes i look pregnant and im always saying that to my husband so i guess im trying to say im not sure if  i would notice the bloating much cause im always that way.
Have you had your gallbladder removed?  Sounds like the pain I had with my gallbladder and also had it when I had cysts on my ovaries.  Could be so many things, please find a Dr to get you properly diagnosed.

Heidi
Ya I know I went back for a follow up with gastronolgist and he said he couldnt tell me what the pain was. Also they looked at my gallbadder and said there were no stones. Im gonna make an appt with my gyno and see what he has to say. You had high upper stomach pain just below your ribs with your cyst on your overies?
I don't know about the other women but I did not have high upper ab pain when my ovary was out of whack. I had bloating, constipation and general feeling of yuck but no actual pain with mine. Other women complain of pain down in the lower left or right side, even pain down the leg.

Sounds like the ultrasound covered most of the internal organs. Wonder about a hernia which might not show while you're lying down.