Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
too many ovarian problems

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

too many ovarian problems

so i have been having abnormalities with my period for 2 years. I went to a ob/gyn for it got a papsmear and apparently I had some abnormalities; she also states that my doctor when I was 18 noted I had abnormalities then also (im 22 now),but she said it could be a strain of hpv and wrote it off. Not to long after that I was having a lot of abdominal pain my doctor checked it out and sent me to radiology but they were closed so I couldn’t get it done that day. The next day I had to go to the hospital because an ovarian cyst burst. And it was due to my irregularities. After the hospital I still get pain when I cough, bend over, or lift but its just a twitch of pain and doesn’t happen for long periods of time.  So about a month and a half has gone by ive been taking birth control to regulate it. And I haven’t been regulated menstrual wise and worried about the random pain I get. I looked up symptoms of ovarian cancer and noticed that for about 6 months I have been having the urgency to pee, constipation,  bloating, not eating like I usually do, menstrual changes, and fatigue (but that could be from work). Ive gotten to the point where I don’t even want to go to the doctor because I feel they are not taking me seriously.  What should I do? Should I be concerned?
Hi there
it is great that you have a doctor and are getting an evaluation.
It would be extremely unlikely that your pain is related to ovarian cancer at the age of 22.
Pain is a very complex thing - at your age pain related to ovarian cysts are usually manged with the birth control pill to regulate your cycles.
you should ask you doctor about that option
best wsihes
This is exactly how I feel. I have the same problems. Except now my symptoms just don't go away :( I am bleeding after sex every time now. I'm in pain every day now:(
well hopfully a doctor writes a response to help us out. because its very worrysome.  and im not very sexually active kinda scared how bad that will hurt if i hurt on my own
i already am on birth control and im still not having periods been on it for 3 months
Go back to your Dr. Don't get sold on the "your to young to have cancer". I'm 24 and I just had a surgery to remove tumors related to my ovarian cancer... I had similar symptoms over a period of a couple years...no dr took me seriously utnil my cancer grew into my intestines and my symptoms increased. you have to advocate for your own health, docs don't know everything...and if you feel unsettled, get yourself checked! My persistence saved my life.
Best wishes
Best wishes