Ovarian Cancer Community
trans vaginal ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

trans vaginal ultrasound

my doctor has organised for a transvaginal ultrasound he has told me not much about what too expect and is not saying much about what he expects to find but at least i got a gynie appmnt within ten days with priority for cancellations should i be more worried now?
Avatar n tn
Kazzira,
Procedure wise, if you do not know what to expect: A transducer(wand) about the size of a tampon wil be inserted in the vaginal canal a little ways(no pain involved). They will move it side-to-side visualizing pelvic organs.  It is not bad.
Avatar n tn
they id a normal us not a trans vaginal  found 3 fibroids in the uterus 2.5 1.4 and 1.3 cm the left ovary was normal witha follicle 2.4cm there was no lesion so what now ? i should wait till i get sick like with the ulcer that nearly ruptered before anyone takes things serious not to mention the gyn he sending me to runs a laser vaginal rejuvination clinic i just feel that thye think its just  a big joke hell i dont even want to go any further now just forget about it
Avatar n tn
First of all I would say how much I like your user name.  Yes, I would be concerned about vaginal bleeding especially since you have no uterus rto bleed from.  It of course does not speel cancer but it does yell something is wrong.  I would stay on my gyn until I get answers.  Debris signifies a complex cyst which are more worrisome than simple cysts.  I would call my gyn if I didnot hear anything soon!!!
Avatar n tn
Hello Everyone,
I am brand new to the site. I was doing an internet search on debris in cyst and found this website. I actually had a transvaginal US today which revealed 3 cysts on my right ovary, 1 which has debris.  They could not see my left ovary due to bowel gas.  I don't exactly know what that means.  However, I am a little concern about the cyst with debris.  I had an US in Jan 2005 because I was having blood in my urine. I've been through all kinds of tests with a Urologist and have had CT Scans and US.  Thus far, docs have not been able to pinpoint why I have the blood in urine. Tests ruled out kidney stones.  For the past few months, the blood is more red and lately it appears that I am bleeding from my vagina.  This really concerns me since I had a hysterectomy in 1999 (uterus only).

I'm perplexed because it's been almost a year and my problem has not been diagnosed yet.  I don't have the bleeding every day, but at least 3 times a week it occurs.  I do have some pain in the right pelvic area when the bleeding occurs. Lately, I feel a stinging sensation at times in the area where I urinate.  I don't know if it is a bladder problem or GYN problem.

Should I be concerned about the debris in the cyst they discovered today?  I did try to ask the tech some questions, but she wasn't giving out much info. Just told me that the results would be passed along to my GYNE and I should follow up in a few days.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.  My prayers go out to everyone on this site.

PrayedUp
Avatar n tn
I would rquest a transvaginal or find a new doc.  Most things are benign(or not serious) but  why take any chances.