Ovarian Cancer Community
treatment option

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

treatment option

question - stage 4 OC in December 2002. after front line treatments of taxol & carboplatin and then 10 weekly maintanence taxols, all blood levels were normal. just recently a steady rise in CA125 and the 27-29 has given reason to believe a reoccurence, Per/Ct is scheduled in a week. My doctor is recommending Doxil and Carboplain as the best second line treatment. I always thought if your initial remission is as long as mine -2 years that you utilize the same treatment? any thoughts on this?  I was also told that Doxil is not as severe as Taxol? I assume loss of hair is inevitable but the Doxil site says hairloss is rare. Thanks for your thoughts