vaginal cuff mass

I have a family history of ovarian cancer and I had severe endometriosis, bleeding and cysts so I had a complete hysterectomy 3 years ago. The problem is that I numerous adhesions in my pelvic area and last week they found a mass on the vaginal cuff that the doctor said was concerning and he was concerned about ovarian cancer. I had a CT and on Monday I have a pelvic sonogram, he is going to due surgery later next week and if he doesn't find the mass to be cancerous he will lysis my adhesions. I am really concerned. How can someone get ovarian cancer 3 years after they had there ovaries removed? I have never heard of that. He was giving me so much information maybe I was confused. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi....I had a complete hysterecomy in 1984 after suffering years with endemedreosis.  I had everything out except my cervix.  In February of 2005 I was diagnosed with ovarian cancer which I thought was crazy.  There are different forms apparently and they link it all with ovarian.  Mine seemed to be at the very top of the vagina where it meets with the rectum.  Anyway after having surgery to remove the mass I had 6 months of chemo which ended last year around this time.  Since then I have had radiation.  I go on a regular basis for checkups.  Hopefully your bi-opsy with be good.  Take it one step at a time and you will get through this