Ovarian Cancer Community
vaginal mole

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

vaginal mole

I found a black mole on the lower lip of my vagina,,it started about 5 yrs ago and I thought that it was nothing since it was so small !! Now it has gotten larger and darker in color! I took a mirror to look at it and it seems to have a of red coloring around the edge!! Should I be concerned? I don't have health ins. so its hard for me to go to a DOC! Could I have waited to long?
Anytime you have unusual growths you should be concerned.  Try to find a free clinic in your area or a Dr that will take you on a sliding scale.  You have to have it checked now.  Any skin eruption that changes color, shape, or size is of concern.  Walk in clinics usually charge about $75 but call around and see what you can find.  I know it may seem like you just don't have the cash to go, but it should be your FIRST monetary priority, even if another bill has to be late.

Since you found your way here I am assuming you are worried about OVCA.  Don't be.  I am not a Dr but I am almost 100% sure your growth has nothing to do with OVCA.  I have never heard that symptom from anyone on this forum.  Good luck
Jan
Hello....I think Jan is correct in saying your health needs to be your first priority and I think it is or you wouldn't be here.  If you are unable to find a free clinic on your own you might give Planned Parenthood a call.....tell them what is going on and see what they recommend.  I don't know what else to tell you....
Peace.
dian