Ovarian Cancer Community
vaginal pressure and pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

vaginal pressure and pain

I have an appointment 8-28-06 with a new gyn concerning cysts my old doctor said not to worry about.but since the pain and symptoms have not gone away I decided I would try another doctor.Has anyone experienced vaginal pressure to the point that it feels like something is going to fall out down there?hurts to sit down lying down helps. thanks for any advice you could give me.
I have a dermoid cyst, that I am currently waiting for surgery on.  I had one in the same ovary last year, and both times I have had pressure like that(even though I was originally told it had nothing to do with it, that is how my body handles things).  It gets so bad sometimes it is like my body is cramping to keep something in but nothing is coming out.  I really thing the new gyn is a good idea... With both of my cyst, the pressure was the start of worse symptoms.  Good luck with that, let me know what you find out.
You didn't mention how old you were. Could be anything from a large cyst that presses downward when you sit, something (like a polyp) in the uterus, or if you're older, could be that the ligaments holding the uterus or bladder are failing and they may need to consider a sling to hold those organs in place.
Hopfully your gyn appt will shed some light on what might be going on, so that you can have a definate plan of treatment.
Hang in there, and keep us posted.. we're here for you!
~Marianne
Thank you so much for all the helpful advice everyone.I went for my appt today.Went over all symptoms with gyn.did an ultrasound and found one cyst 1.5 cm.also during pelvic exam I was in alot of pain when she started and while she pushed. also blood in my stool. did a ca-125 test. adbomin and pelvic area still bloated like I am 6 months pregnant. regarding pressure she said vaginal wall was fine. Have an appt with gast doctor this week for blood in my stool. Depending on the findings of gas doctor and ca-125 i have another ultrasound scheduled in 6 wks.If pain is still there she may do the laposcopic just to go in and look. She also feels that I may have had a cyst that burst earlier in the month due extreme pain for 3 hrs. i had my uterus taken out in 2004.  it was enlarged and i kind of had the same pelvic pain then. I'm 36 years old and have a 10 year old daughter so if she wants to remove my ovaries she can. Right now I would do about almost anything to feel normal again. thanks again
yes I experienced the same sensation for months before they finally found a 10cm ovarian cyst.  ask for an ultrasound!
Does your pressure keep you from feeling comfortable when you lay on your side with your legs together?  I have to sleep with pillows between my knees.  I have a cyst (again) that is 5cm and puts alot of pressure on my rectum/back.  Are they planning and MRI or CT for you?  Keep us posted.