Ovarian Cancer Community
what do i say to doctor?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

what do i say to doctor?

Ok hI Everyone, my probs started ages ago when i was diagnosed with PID , that was about 2 months ago after a miscarriage  and bleeding for 3 months, i took antibiotics over 3 weeks about 4 different kinds , my doc also diagnosed me with a urinary tract infection, however he didnt once take any swabs or tests he just examined me.   now i am extremley sore although all bleeding has stopped.  i have constant lower back pain (especialy after intercourse) and need to urinate every 20 mins also recurrant thrush, i feel as if my doctor is not listening to me, i had an xray 3 weeks ago on the lumbar spine, because when the doc pressed it i  nearly jumped 2o feet, its so painful, he says all my pid has cleared up and with a normal xray im beginning to think im going mad.  i know this is a big question but what kind of tests should i be demanding from my doctor, i feel something underlying is going on inside me im a very healthy eater and only 28 yet my immune system is terrible i also suffer ibs symtoms (symptoms) and painful joints daily. please tell me what i need to do to convince my doctor i need tests.
Please accept my sympathy for your loss.                   First thing you need is a different doctor.....a gynocologist in a family clinic might be a good place to start looking. You have more than one issue to be dealt with and whoever you are seeing now doesn't listen to you..you need a doctor who will hear what you are saying. Did you have a D & C after your miscarriage?
Don't blame yourself...you are not losing your mind....some of these docs cannot figure out what is going on and figure if they can get us to question ourselves, maybe it will go away!
Well, your symptoms won't go away..they might not bother him anymore but they will continue to bother you....find yorself a doctor who "hears" what you are telling him.

Remember...you are not losing your mind...your symptoms are real
Peace be with you.
dian
I am sorry to hear what has been going on with you.  I agree with Dian.  You don't need to convince your doctor of anything.  You need to get a new doctor.  You are so young to have so many problems (i can relate, I am 33), but it doesn't have to be this way.  If you can, write down a thorough list of your history and symptoms and take it with you to your doctor.  This shows the doc that you are prepared and want to be taken seriously.  It took me two other docs before I found one who would really "listen" to what I was saying and feeling.
I agree with Dian and Fab Mom, you need to find a doctor that will listen. Don't let any Doctors Fob you off. Its frustrating I know, and please remember its not all in your head. I would ask the next doctor to test you unrine (I can't believe the other doctor didn't)also you could ask for a pelvic, and transvaginal Ultrasound as well as a C.T Scan.
I hope that you feel better and get everything resolved.
Take care
Kate
P.S.If you find a good Doctor can you send them on the first flight to Australia