what does this sound like?
I have an aunt with ovarian cancer stage 3 currently on chemo.  I had a vaginal ultrasound and then a ct scan of abdomen/pelvis that showed a complex cyst (?) the size of a tennis ball on the right ovary with multiple rounded enhancing areas in the mesentery.  I have had open heart surgery and have cardiomyopathy so the doctor isn't sure surgery is an option.  He doesn't seem to want to say what he thinks this is but it doesn't sound good to me.  Can someone explain what this sounds like?  I have follow-up appts. with my cardiologist and internal medicine but the wait is getting long for someone who is worrying.  Thanks!
Hopefully your cardiologist can help you with the surgery issue.  My mother has a "grocery list" of heart conditions.  She developed a pre-cancerous tumor on her thyroid gland, and it was surgically removed without any heart-related complications.    The anethesiologists and surgeons need to know all of your medical issues and medications prior to surgery.
thanks for the heart related suggestions but I really wanted more comment about what this sounds like.
As I am sure that you have noticed from reading the other posts on this forum, it could be anything and it could also be nothing.  Cysts (tissue "baggies" filled with fluid and often containing septums, i.e. walls, and solid components) by nature seem to have a lower incidence of malignancy, but even large solid tumors can be found to be benign as well.  Unfortunately, the only way to know, as you also will have noticed from reading this forum, is to surgically remove the cyst or tumor for a pathologist to study.  There is always the possibility of complications for anyone undergoing surgery, but for someone with health complications, the risk of complication is greater.  It is very frustrating, given the incredible achievements that mankind has made in the field of medicine, that women do not yet have a simple test that can say with any degree of reliability whether the cyst or tumor on the ovary is malignant or benign.  The tests available, such as the CA-125II and the transvaginal ultrasound, give the doctors a good idea, but until they get inside and see, they cannot be certain unless the patient has the symptoms and signs of invasive ovarian cancer.  We often do not even know immediately after surgery and must wait up to two weeks for the pathology report.
Thank you for letting me know about that wait time.  Already this has been real frustrating to me so I'm glad you told me about that two week wait time for path reports.