Ovarian Cancer Community
what is a mitotic lesion
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

what is a mitotic lesion

i had a ct scan done for an ulcer and in the report they found a small cyst on the right ovary and an enhancing ring structure in the left ovary nature uncertain they say a mitotic lesion cannot be excluded should i be worried or not apparently my uterus is bulky as well i have a sister who has ovarian cancer but is in the middle of treatment and dont want to worry her unduly by asking her what is a mitotic lesion?
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
Mitosis is the normal method of cell division.   Obviously, conditions like cancer can increase the rate of mitosis.   The report is explaining that your ovary has a growth in it.   Essentially, this report is stating that the nature of the growth is not known, and  that you need proper follow-up of this lesion to determine its nature.  Given that you do have a family member with ovca, it is imperative that you make certain that you get the proper exams and tests.
Blank
THANX AT LEAST NOW I HAVE AN IDEA WHAT IT MEANS AND WONT DRIVE MYSELF CRAZT TILL I GET TO THE DOCS
Blank
My sister is doing some homework for me and is going to let me know what she finds out as she is more up with this will let you know what she says
Blank
A related discussion, mitotic lesion was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...
Sep 04 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank