Ovarian Cancer Community
what is alkalinephosphate

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

what is alkalinephosphate

i went to my dr and from blood work reeived a letter stating that  my alkalinephosphate was abnormal 5.1 what does this mean i have sharp pain in my stomach and my heart beat sometimes beats so hard i think its coming out is this alkalinephosphat something to be concern i do have an appointment monday but in the meantime i need to know what i am dealing with please let me know thank you
1 Comment
Avatar n tn
Alkaline phosphatase is an enzyme that is found in bone, liver and the intestine, it can be elevated for many reasons, including the drug Hexalen, as well any blockage of bile ducts (which may occur with cholelithiasis). Increasing levels may indicate some damage to the liver so monitoring the levels is prudent.

I hope this helps