Ovarian Cancer Community
worried 1month bleeding so far

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

worried 1month bleeding so far

Hello, I am a little worried I may have ovarian cancer. I have been bleeding for one month straight and it is not light, it has clots and changes colour from brown to bright red! I have pcos but have never experienced this. Has anyone had this?
Thank you
Avatar_dr_f_tn
At the age of 20 years you should not directly reach to the conclusion of ovarian cancer. However the bleeding you are having is definitely abnormal and needs immediate medical attention. Abnormal bleeding can be due to various other reasons like endometrial hyperplasia, ovarian cysts, hormonal imbalance, PCOS etc. Check up with a gynaecologist and an ultrasound scan will help make matters clear.
Take care and good luck.
I am scared crazy, 51 three grown kids, two weeks ago I had some bowel pain and diareah come on for a few days, then I started having a full feeling in my bladder and an urge to pee all the time, two negative urine tests but both with tiny amount of blood in urine, dr is going to send me for an internal sonogram for ovarian cancer, I don't have any other symtoms (symptoms) on the list except for I have loose stools several times a day, done that for a long time, no maternal family history not sure about paternal, just had a clean colonoscopy. now that I look back I have been having increasing frequent urination for quite some time, just thought it was normal, (stupid) I am teffified that I have ovarian cancer.
Ovarain cancer is considered a very rare disease.   Also, the doctor saying an internal sonogram for ovarian cancer, is just incorrect.  A sonogram cannot detect ovarian cancer, no test can.  There is no test to detect ovarian cancer other than an actual biopsy.  A sonogram will show if there are cysts/masses/tumors on your ovaries...and if they do say tumors, it does not mean malignancy.  

You are entering the menopausal age of your life, there could be numerous different things causing you to bleed.

The signs of ovarian cancer can include:
change in bowel and urinary patterns
heartburn
feeling of fullness
bloating

There is an old saying, don't waste a good panic....you are worrying about something that you might not even have.  

If it were me, I would go for the sonogram and immediately find a new doctor.  Are you seeing a gynocologist?