Ovarian Cancer Community
worried about my symptoms

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

worried about my symptoms

I had breast cancer 3 years ago.  For quite a few months now I have had abdominal pain, alot of weight loss, I am down to 98#, I get horrible cramps about once/week with diahrea following the cramps & I can't eat much at all as I get full so quickly!  I keep reading about the symptoms & in one article it mentions weight loss, the next says weight gain, & I've only seen 2 in all of google that mentioned cramping.  I do have tests scheduled for 10/3 with my cancer dr, but of course am worrying about it & just wondered if anyone who has had ovarian cancer has had the same symptoms as me.  & yes I know I shouldn't have waited for months to get checked out however my son was in the hospital for 5 months, & i did go to the dr for my stomach pain once my son was in the clear & out of the hospital & after some tests he said my gall bladder needed to come out so did that 8/1, then my ex husband (father of my children) of 25 years died in a car crash on 8/6.  All this time i kept thinking my symptoms were stress, then when I found out my gall bladder needed removed I thought, yes!  this is my problem, however after having it removed I still have all of the same issues.  & this may be stupid as I don't know anatomy very well but when they took out my gallbladder & had all of those cameras in there would they have seen the cancer if I had ovarian cancer because having all these symptoms would mean it spread & surely they would have noticed at least something?  could these all just be symptoms of ibs?  i haven't heard of that much weight loss in this short of a time with ibs though.
1 Comment
Hi, I see no one has responded...and I'm sorry I can't answer your concerns.  I have been experiencing symptoms for a while now too and have become concerned about ovarian cancer.  I have also had weight loss, cramps, lower back pain, right side pain, fatigue, needing to pee almost every hour, dizziness, headaches, and not much of an appetite. I also have some swelling.  I was wondering about the weight loss as well, because like you I have mostly read weight gain.  I have had ovarian cysts in the past on this same side and they dissolved.  The discomfort began the same way and I was hoping it would go away.
I am sorry to hear that you have had a difficult year. Life gets so busy, but we need to take care of ourselves.  Best of luck to you.  Please let me know what happens.