Ovarian Cysts Community
???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

???

I recently went to the gyno for a papsmear. I had told her I was diagnosed with ibs and dyspepsia. She suggested I go for an ultrsound which showed i had a 2 cm complex cyst. She said to wait a month then ultrasound it again. 2 weeks later I was in some pain in that area so she did an ultrsound that night thinking it burst. It showed no cyst at all. well a couple weeks later she did a laparoscopy to take that right ovary out. She found a simple cyst on the left ovary and took it out. Sent it off for testing. No results yet. Can a complex cyst that dissolves on it's own be cancerous at all? Can a simple cyst turn into a complex cyst and cancer if you have already had a complex cyst? I guess I read online that some people diagnosed with ibs ended up with ovarian cancer. They were misdiagnosed. What chances are there the cyst would be cancerous?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
It is usually the simple cysts that will resolve spontaneously. These are functional cysts that are non-cancerous. Whether the cysts are cancerous or not can be known by doing CA125 levels and histo-pathological examination of the cysts that have been removed from the ovaries.
Hope this helps.