???
I recently went to the gyno for a papsmear. I had told her I was diagnosed with ibs and dyspepsia. She suggested I go for an ultrsound which showed i had a 2 cm complex cyst. She said to wait a month then ultrasound it again. 2 weeks later I was in some pain in that area so she did an ultrsound that night thinking it burst. It showed no cyst at all. well a couple weeks later she did a laparoscopy to take that right ovary out. She found a simple cyst on the left ovary and took it out. Sent it off for testing. No results yet. Can a complex cyst that dissolves on it's own be cancerous at all? Can a simple cyst turn into a complex cyst and cancer if you have already had a complex cyst? I guess I read online that some people diagnosed with ibs ended up with ovarian cancer. They were misdiagnosed. What chances are there the cyst would be cancerous?
HI,
It is usually the simple cysts that will resolve spontaneously. These are functional cysts that are non-cancerous. Whether the cysts are cancerous or not can be known by doing CA125 levels and histo-pathological examination of the cysts that have been removed from the ovaries.
Hope this helps.