Ovarian Cysts Community
2 ovarian cysts, missed period

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

2 ovarian cysts, missed period

I am a 42 yr old G0P0 female. I was treated in the ER two Sundays ago for what turned out to be two cysts on my right ovary: one was 2 cm and the other was diagnosed as collapsing (I had unbelievable pain in my lower right abdomen, where your appendix normally is, but mine was removed years ago). A blood test revealed that I was not pregnant. My last period began November 3rd and I have never missed a period. Could this all be because of the cysts? I have had ongoing problems with cysts since 2003. Should I get another pregnancy test. While I had unprotected sex with my boyfriend, he withdrew before ejaculating.

Thanks.
Yes, unfortunately cysts can cause all kinds of problems, but it doesn't hurt to take another pregnancy test; especially if you had unprotected sex.  Your boyfriend pulling out doesn't mean you won't get pregnant so if you're unsure, and you have kept having sex, keep testing.  Maybe now that you have cysts you will begin haviang irregular periods.  Have you talked to your doctor?  Has he eliminated the possibility that you will begin a pre-menopause stage (age does vary in women)?  Make sure the doctor keeps monitoring your ovaries to check if the cysts are growing.  Going on the pill can help regulate your periods and shrink the cysts.  Your cyst is small and it can still just be monitored for weeks and see what it does.  Talk to your doctor about the possibilities.  He'll have other questions and tests for you to see what the problem might be.  Good luck.