21 years old. 20cm Cyst on Ovary Ruptured. Possible removal of ovary.
I am a 21 year old from Australia. Around 2 weeks ago I was rushed to hospital with severe abdominal pain, after various tests they thought I had perferated my bowel. They then took me in for emergency surgery and when I woke I was informed that I'd had a 20cm cyst on my left ovary that had ruptured from a fall. They said they removed as much of the cyst of they could but because of how it was growing they couldn't get it all. They said that if it starts to grow back they will remove my left ovary. This is something that im really worried about. What does removing an ovary actually intail? Will I still be able to have children in the future? Will it result in early menopause? Any help you could give would be really appreciated :)
as long as you still have one ovary you will be fine, my coworker had the same thing done several years ago, she has one ovary left and december she gave birth to a healthy baby boy, your chances of getting pregnant are harder as the ovaries tend to alternate each cycle but you will still be able to have children.