2.4 cm ovarian cyst
Hi Everyone.....was just diagnosed with 2.4 cm cyst on right ovary....i know this is common,and not very big.....but i had gone to er for extreme lower back pain,nausea,pain in upper right abdomen....my doctor is not worried,and i feel embarrassed to have gone in first place to er when it just turned out to be this....this is also not the first time this has occurred. I dont think a gyn would be concerned either....am I being a hypochondriac? Or can this be a serious issue?
At this point, I don't think you should be concerned about ovarian cancer.  But, both benign and malignant cysts cause similar symptoms.  Don't feel bad about investigating your symptoms.  They may or may not be related to your cyst. But, any cyst should be followed by your gyn to be sure it doesn't continue to grow.   Good luck to you!
I'm only 15. & I have a 2.4 cm cyst in my right pelvic. Is that bad? I'm really scared.
How was it found?  Were you having pain?  Anything less than 5cm is usually just watched if it is fluid filled.  I had a 5 cm one and it shrunk 1-2 cm every month so nothing was done.