Ovarian Cysts Community
3.0 cm cyst and fluid in pelvis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

3.0 cm cyst and fluid in pelvis

I recently started having back pain (low back above buttox) and then my period didn't come in the month of October at all. About a week later I doubled over with ovarian pain for about 20 minutes. I went to the ER and they did an U/S and CT of the pelvis. They said that I had a 3 cm cyst on my left ovary and a small about of fluid in the pelvis. Two months ago I had a 19mm right ovarian cyst but it resolved since then. At the ER I had my hemaglobin and hematicrit done and it was lower than usual (my last test was two weeks ago) which would mean that the fluid may be blood.

The ER physicians asst thinks it is a ruptured cyst, but I am wondering what the likelyhood of Ovarian Cancer is? Also, in April of this year I had a CA-125 which was 17 (normal for that lab is 0-20).

Im sure you are reading lots of posts on here about all of your symptoms- there is lots of good advice on here. Remember that the CA 125 is not a reliable indicator of OVCA in pre-menopausal women. Mine was elevated higher than yours but this was beacuase i had endometriosis- not pleasant but not OVCA. I assume you are going to visit your GYN asap?

keep us updated,
Best wishes