Ovarian Cysts Community
3.4 cm complex cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

3.4 cm complex cyst

I am a 42 year old female with my tube tied for 18 years. I started my menses on may 15th and as of today June 6th I am still on a heavy flow cycle!  Really don't see how I am moving around lol. But I was diagnosed today with a 3.4 cm complex ovarian cyst I am worried about not getting proper care from some physicians. My PCP is sending me to a gyn asap as he says....he tells me it's not cancer but I know that the only true way to know is to do a biopsy. He is giving me some birth control to stop my bleeding buti don't feel like this is going to resolve the problem. .. I have nor want any more children I just want this misery to go away. .. im in pain I have extreme heavy flows.. weight gain from fluid in taking 4 - 6lbs at a time....what are the odds of a full hysterectomy? I'm so done with these parts!
Hi, I sure hope you get to a gyn asap..how the heck can your doctor know if it is cancer or not?? You are correct, they will need to somehow do a biopsy.  I had a hysterectomy when I was in my 40s..but I still have my overys.  The pill should lighten your flow, but seeing a gyno is what you need..in worse scenario you could have the ovary removed if it is cancerous.  Take care, Karen