Ovarian Cysts Community
3.7 cm complex lesion within left ovary

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

3.7 cm complex lesion within left ovary

What exactly does this mean.  Do I have to worry about it being cancer.  I have noticed that I am bloated, pants are tight around waist, but I have lost weight.  The ultrasound report stated left ovary contains hypoechoic complex cystic or solid nodule that measures 3.7 x 2.2 x 2.9cm.  It may represent complex or hemorrhagic cyst.  My gyn feels it is just a functional hemorrhagic cyst and wants to repeat the scan in 6 weeks.  That seems so long.  
Over 95% of all cysts are benign but in many cases they can't be entirely sure until it is removed and biopsied.  The waiting and wondering is very stressful.  How long have you had symptoms?  
I know it seems like a long time for you, but that is pretty standard treatment. As Trudie said, they are 95 % benign and common.. Try not to worry.. Sometimes it may take longer than 6 weeks to totally resolve itself, but it sounds like you have a good Dr.who  is watching it..