3.8 solid mass on my left ovary
I'm having my left ovary removed in less than two weeks due to a mass which keeps growing. It was 3 cm when they found it a month ago, now its 3.8. I'm really nervous about the surgery, never had one. But the mass has to go, I've been in pain for a month and half and I feel really sick most of the time.  My doctor wants to also take out the left  fallopian tube. I was wondering if there were any benefits in leaving the tube in, or is better to remove it along with the ovary? Also if you have any other advice regarding my surgery ( laparoscopyc ) please do, I am so worried. Thanks all!
HI,
Removal of an ovarian cyst via laparoscopy is a safe procedure and post operative recovery is also quite swift. The fallopian tube need be conserved only when child bearing function is to be preserved. Sometimes the fallopian tube is adherent to the ovary and removal becomes necessary.
Hope this helps.