Ovarian Cysts Community
4 cm Complex Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

4 cm Complex Cyst

Was in the ER yesterday where I found out I have a right side  4 cm.complex ovarian cyst with a 3cm solid component inside. I had a complex cyst about a year and a half ago. My CA 125 was negative, the doctor treated me with progesterone for two weeks and upon reexamination it was gone. I was so happy. This time, I just don't feel as positive. I got a copy of the US on CD to show my doctor tomorrow and it looks so odd. There is quite the solid mass inside and takes up almost the entire size of the cyst. SCARED.

Anyway, I am feeling a lot of pain on my left side where my left ovary used to be. I had a simple cyst that torsed during my last pregnancy and I lost that one.

Why would I have so much pain on that side, right about where my ovary used to be.

I am also almost two weeks late.I am 43 and recently, I was having fairly regular periods.anywhere from 28-32 days.

I just can't make sense of why I keep getting complex cysts, why the pain is showing up on my left side also and why I'm late.

In addition, I feel so hormonal. Like I have post partum depression and I cannot stop crying about this. I feel so lonely and depressed at the thought of what this might be.

Thanks for any guidance or words of encouragement!
Hi dear; being anxious and scared is understandable but is not going to ease your discomfort. I looked at the cd of my MRI of my cyst and it freaked me out. But it did not freak my doctor out because he was a specialist and has seen it all. Imbalances hormones is a big deal for women and it seems that it just gets fluffed off. What we eat effects us and there can be underlying thyroid or pituitary issues that go unchecked which is why I always suggest an endocrinologist when dealing with hormonal imbalances. I also try to stay away from synthetic hormones in chicken and dairy products. (get organic). If the cyst is producing too much estrogen because your ovaries do produce estrogen, that can make you feel hormonal. I wish you great health and peace of mind. Don't read too much on the Internet you will convince yourself of the worse senarios. God bless and god health. Keep me posted.
THANK YOU so much for responding. I don't know why, but I am having a very hard time dealing with this...the waiting is excruciating.

I contacted my gyn. first thing Tuesday. She asked me to have a copy of the radiologist's report sent to her. To me it was very cut and dry..."her ovary is this big, her cyst is this big and the solid component is this big". You know...just the basics.

Is it safe to assume the radiologist would have noted things like free fluid or vascular flow within the cyst in his report?

After reading the report and hearing about being two weeks late, she strongly suspects that I had some sort of hormonal glitch. She strongly believes that I am estrogen dominant right now and everything I've been experiencing lately supports that theory.

I think I've been esto. strong for a long time and that scares me. The effect it may have had on my body.

I know worrying does nothing good but it's just my nature and I get so worked up.

The other thing that bugs me is that the ER guy was vague and seemed to just want me out of there to be someone else's problem. He had horrible bedside manner and was not a very good communicator. Basically, he gave me the CD of the ultrasound pics and told me to take it to my gyn. However, when I called yesterday, she only wanted the rad. written report. Again, I hope if he saw any ominous signs he would include them in report, right? I called my doc today and explained that I feel as though I've fallen through the cracks since they told me to show her the pics, and she only wanted the written part of the report. Her nurse said they were slammed and I could bring the disc by and she "may" be able to read it tonight or tomorrow and get back to me. I was thinking by then, I might have gotten my CA 125 results back.

I hope and pray I make it through this. I've learned so much in my latest research and know how to take care of my body a little better. If I just get another chance. I'm going to do better. I'm so scared...