Ovarian Cysts Community
50 and cysts in both ovaries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

50 and cysts in both ovaries

I am 50 had a cat scan and was found to have a two inch and three inch cyst in both ovaries what are my odds of cancer
Risk of malignancy in ovarian cysts in post menopausal women depends on size, complexity, solid areas, projections into the fluid and ovarian blood flow. In postmenopausal women with simple ovarian cysts less than 5 cm, the risk of an ovarian cancer is very small (0-1%). 10-40% of complex cysts with solid areas and papillations will harbor a malignancy. You should get it evaluated and your CA-125 levels done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.