Ovarian Cysts Community
5.5cm Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

5.5cm Cyst

Hello.

I am 20 and I have just been diagnosed I have a 5.5cm cyst on my right ovary and fluid in my abdominal cavity, which means I had 2 and one just broke. I have already had 5 cysts prior to these. I had one when I was 14 that was 9cm on my left ovary and they ended up having to take the ovary and tube with it. I am really worried about having surgery again. I go back on April 27th to see if it has changed at all. If it didn't, then my gyno wants to do surgery again. I am hoping that they do not take the ovary out with it, but I know from past experience with these, there is a good chance he will. I have been having problems with urination and bowel movements, so I think it has attatched itself to my bladder and colon. I am only 20 years old, this is very hard for me. I know if he removes this ovary also, my chances of having children are over. =(

Whats the chance of this happening? anyone know?
So sorry you are going through this.  It is very unlikely that the cysts have attached to your bladder and bowel.  The pressure from the cysts causes these symptoms and many women have that with their cysts.  

I would suggest you work with your gyn to ensure your fertility is preserved even if it means harvesting eggs.  You might want to explore having him use a needle to extract the fluid from the cyst.  In the case of simple cysts this has been done.