Ovarian Cysts Community
5cm cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

5cm cyst

My doctor found a 5cm cyst on my right ovary. I have been having pain in my leg, hip, and back. Can not lay on my right side. And they are waiting to see if it will go down. But to me its seems like its growing more. I have been having problems with my hip for about two months and nobody knew what was going on with me. Should I worry, because I had a 7cm cyst taken off my left ovary in May of last year. Should I get a CA-125 test for Ovarian Cancer?
All doctors are different, but as a rule doctors start taking cysts out when they are a 5cm or causing a great deal of pain.  Do you know what type of cyst it is?  You could request a CA125, but it is not very accurate when you are  not menopausal.  How long does he want to wait for?  I would just tell him that you are in a great deal of pain and you want to have it removed before it gets too big.  When do you see the doctor again?  Let us know what you find out.  Good luck!!
I dont know what kind. She did see some blood in there. I go back on 05/14. But i am in so much pain. I can't take it no more.
I was just informed yesterday that I have a 5 cm cyst on my right side and I am a little freaked out now that I am reading about it.  I have had no pain to indicate something going on which is different from most others posting.  I am scheduled for an Ultrasound May 14th and am feeling I can't wait that long.  I am 39 years old.
I was just informed yesterday that I have a 5 cm cyst on my right side and I am a little freaked out now that I am reading about it.  I have had no pain to indicate something going on which is different from most others posting.  I am scheduled for an Ultrasound May 14th and am feeling I can't wait that long.  I am 39 years old. Can someone tell me what a CA-125 Test is ??
Well don't be afraid. a CA-125 Test is to test for Ovarian Cancer. Just be glad that you don't have the pain. I go back on the same day.But I dont know if I can wait.
If the pain is that bad, I highly recommend that you go to the ER as your cyst could be causing your ovary to twist (tortion) and that is NOT a good thing,  That could be emergency surgery.  Please don't ignore your pain.  You know how much you can take.  Please let me know if you do go to the ER.
I had an ovarian cyst before in my right ovary and it was taken out already. Mine was big too but I can't remember the measurement. My parents told me that it was really big. Too good I had suffered no pain. But my tommy bloated and it looked like I was 5 months pregnant that time. I'm also scared for my left ovary now. I feel good at the moment, but I will be going to a doctor for a check up next week just "for peace of mind".  With your case, don't ignore the pain. If you needed to check for another doctor ...then do it, you have to.
Thank you I am going to the ER if it dont subside by today...
Good idea.  Has it let up at all?  Please let us know how you are doing.  Hope you get feeling better soon.
jUST A LITTLE.. i HOPE THAT IT STAY LIKE THIS
I was told that I had an ovarian cyst back in February that was 5cm and that it should be removed.  I had to wait till April to get an apt. with a gyno.  In February I started taking a supplement called Estro-Sense.  When I went back to get an ultra sound in April the cyst did not get any larger.  Estro-Sense is a hormone balance supplement.  It does not have estrogen in it but helps regulate the bad estrogen so that you don't get more cysts.  Although I had to have the cyst removed because of the size, I am taking this supplement so I dont get anymore.  If you want to know more about it just google estro-sense.

Well I went to the Doctor yesterday and my results are a Pelvic Mass and a Complex Cyst. She wants me to take a CA-125 test. So thats where I'm at now. The 5cm cyst that was on my right ovary is gone. Now its on the left ovary... Kinda of scared
I know you are scared, and who of us wouldn't be?  I know I am and I have been through this so many times.  Do you know how big your cysts are?  Getting a CA125 is a good idea, but keep in mind that it is not always accurate if you are pre-menopausal. It is the most accurate in women that are menopausal or postmenopausal.  Please keep me updated.  
I am 30 years old and just found out today i have a 5 cm cyst on my right ovary. I have been having severe pain in my right back area and from pelvic area also it is causing problems in my menstral cycle as i have been on for almost 3 weeks straight now. My Dr. said i will get rechecked in 6 weeks to see if it grows but i am not sure i can take this pain or the bleeding for much longer.