Ovarian Cysts Community
6 1/2 cm complex cyst
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

6 1/2 cm complex cyst

Hello, I was wondering if anyone could help me out I recently went to the ER for abdominal pain and catscan showed a 6cm cyst so they sent me 3 hours later to get an ultrasound and a transvaginal ultrasound, I also went Sept. 2010 and there was a 3 cm cyst on the same ovary but they said it would go away on its own and it still there but now is 6 cm. anyways here is the results I have a doctor appointment in a few days but i am freaking out! I'm only 22 and I dont want to have to worry about cancer but thats what everyone thinks when they hear COMPLEX CYST!

Right ovary measures 6.0x4.9x5.8cm, volume 89.2mL. this includes a heterogeneous structure with no obvious internal blood flow measuring 5.7cm in greatest, corresponding to be lesion noted on CT and probably represents a hemorrhagic or other complex cyst or a cystic neoplasm.

No other adnexal abnormality is noted. Small amount of free fluid in the pelvic cul-de-sac.

can someone PLEASE put this in english? im so nervous and cant wait till my appointment because i seem to be spending hours "googling" all of this with no answers. thank you so much!