Ovarian Cysts Community
7 cm left ovarian cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

7 cm left ovarian cysts

hi,actually i just want to ask for right treatment for left ovarian cysts.my sister had a ultraound and her report is "Nulliparous uterus with left ovarian cysts"mass measuring 74mm*50mm.it is anechoic and appears to be fluid filled and is thinwalled.the uterus is seen behind the disiended urinary bladder.it is anieveriedand nulliparous in size."plz tell me what should be treatment we confused and i am worried so much. she is having symptoms like irregular periods.pain too much,weakness.what could be the affect in future.plz reply me thanks
Cysts over 5 cm are generally removed.  Her doctor may wait through a menstrual cycle to see if it resolves on its own or he may go ahead and schedule a laporascopic surgery to remove it (2 weeks recovery).  Over 95% are benign, and even more so considering it is fluid filled and therefore a functional cyst.  Feel free to look at the health pages (top right) for more information on cysts.  I hope all goes well.
Just to add to what Trudie said, the other items mentioned in the ultrasound besides the cyst indicate normal conditions.  "anieveried" looks like a misreading of "anteverted" which is a normal position of a uterus.  "nulliparous" means never having given birth to a child.  The cyst is 7.4 cm by 5 cm when converted from millimeters. Whether removed or just watched she should heal fully from it. Less optimistically, the ovary could be damaged (either by the cyst or by the surgery) or she could develop more cysts in the future. The symptoms she is experiencing are easily blamed on the cyst. Many of us had similar symptoms.  A great surgeon (preferably a gynecologist/oncologist) should do the surgery if it comes to that.  This really sounds like a benign cyst.

Since you are in Australia, I would not be surprised if they delay on recommending surgery and choose to watch it for awhile, possibly along with hormone treatment (BC pills) and follow-up ultrasounds.  Please let us know what the doctor recommends.