Ovarian Cysts Community
7cm Simple Ovarian Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

7cm Simple Ovarian Cyst

I am 27 and have a 7cm simple ovarian cyst on my right ovary.  Am i right in presuming simple cysts are filled with fluid and do not turn cancerous? & also is it normal to feel sick (similar to morning sickness) frequently through out the day and have a constant sort of bruise like pain behind my belly button and burning stabbing pains which come & go in the side of my lower abdomen?  Is a 7cm cyst classed as small? (they actually said 7cm X 4cm...is that sort of the same size as half a tennis ball, or something else) - i haven't been given any information really, as i was pregnant when the cyst was diagnosed - i had an ultrasound as i was in so much pain which revealed the cyst as the point of pain (its on a stem attached to my ovary & was twisting) but also that my baby had died.  I had an op to remove the baby (about 2 1/2 weeks ago) & am going back for a scan next week to see if the cyst has changed (at the time of the scan the dr said he would rescan in 10weeks, i dont know if i should be worried that i've been called back sooner.

Thank you for any replies
Im really sorry that you lost your baby , that must have been very sad for you .
Simple cysts on the  ovary are fluid filled and can cause lots of symptoms such as nausea, pain and frequency etc , the fact that yours is 7cm , on a stem that was twisting may be the reason you are being called back sooner, than the 10 weeks you were previously told. Usually simple cysts resolve by themselves but because of its size ,they may want to drain the cyst .

Hope everything turns out well for you , Best wishes Angie
Oh, that is so sad.  I also lost a baby at 16 weeks while being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis many years ago.  I will hold you close in my heart and wish you fast healing both emotionally and physically.

I have also experienced the same pain you are mentioning and it does sound like twisting as Angie mentioned.  It is very likely benign but will need to be addressed.  Good luck with everything and please keep us posted.

Hugs,
Trudie
Thank you for your responses.

Jenniferlou