Ovarian Cysts Community
8 cm cyst, AC125 74.5, laparscopic surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I'm 38 and had an 8 cm complex cyst in my left ovary.  I knew this because I was having pain, was tired, and very bloated.  So I got an ultrasound.  My AC 125 (cancer test) came back as 74.5, which is elevated.  I had laparoscopic surgery done, to remove my ovary and the cyst.  Thankfully, the ovary and cyst came back benign on the frozen test (that test was done while I was still in surgery). The other tissue samples are getting tested for cancer and I’ll have that pathology report soon. It's GREAT news the first test was benign!!

Instead of going home that same day, I had to stay an extra day in the hospital due to pain. But after being home a day, I spent another day in the ER, because I felt I couldn't breath. I was very confused and my oxygen intake was low. The medications were too strong.  Turns out I had started developing mild atelectasis (bottom of my lungs were deflated). So they changed my meds and I started doing breathing exercises. That issue was resolved.

My doc kept saying this surgery isn’t that bad.   Well, perhaps compared to an open surgery it’s not.  But I’m a week out from surgery and I hurt.  There’s no way I could have gotten around within a few days.  This has been hard on my body for sure.  I didn't have a bowel movement for 5 days and that started to hurt.  The gas in me from surgery hurts.  

I'm just writing this post to say surgery shouldn't be taken lightly.  I'm glad I did it, but I'm even more glad I have a lot of support too help me recover.  
My tests came back as no cancer.
Glad to hear it. Hope your recovery is going well.
Happy for you!  Good news!
I am very glad all your tests came back negative. Thank you for giving such honest and detailed information concerning this surgery. I am a year out from an abdominal complete hysterectomy. Have been bleeding and having pain so finally got an appointment(new state).
Contrast CT shows a 'fluid filled cyst 'filling uterine cavity' and a pelvic exam  revealed a mass that could be granulated tissue, could not. They do not know if the cyst is on the left ovary or not but I will be having laproscopic surgery to remove it all and possibly the ovary and fallopian tube as well.
I am scared to death. I had pre-cancerous cells on my cervix and huge fibroids everywhere, which is why I had the hysterectomy. The open abdominal surgery was horrendous and I just do not want to go through this again.Dr. says because of all the scar tissue he may have to cut more to see, but we won't really know anything until he gets in there. Anyone reading this who wants to share their experience would be awesome!
Congratulations. I just got my untrasound results, and it shows that my ovary was enlarged at 56 cm, and suggestive of a dermoid cyst. I have to go through further tests to confirm.
Do you possibly mean 5.6 cm or 56 mm and not 56 cm? 56 cm is almost 2 feet!