Ovarian Cysts Community
8CM Complex Cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

8CM Complex Cyst

A year ago I took myself to hospital with severe abdominal pain, nothing was done. It happened again a few months later. nothing was done. The 3rd time was less severe but still told my doctor who referred me for a scan last week. A 8x8cm complex Cyst has been found- described as having "several solid areas" and "large"

CA125 blood test level was only 17.5. awaiting referral to Gyno.

I am only 23 and so nervous it could be Cancer or Endo. Looking for some re-assurance from people who have gone through this. Everyone I tell keeps saying Cysts are normal and common- they don't understand it is not a normal cyst it is complex one.

Hoping it is just a dermoid one and everything is fine. Going on holiday Wednesday and this will be on my mind the whole time.
oh, and "thick walled"
I think our biggest problem is that we love to self diagnose ourselves.  Best thing you could do is wait for the doctors response.  If you're not happy with it, get a second opinion.  As a pro of "self diagnosing" I know it's nerve wrecking waiting around.  Keep up with your appointments.  I'm scheduled for cyst removal from both ovaries on June 6.  I've have the same dermoid cyst that grows, goes away and grows again since i'm in my twenties.  Now in my forties they are finally removing it because I want to get pregnant.  Good luck to you and enjoy Holiday.
You sound like a very intelligent young woman....there's a 98% chance it's benign......if it doesn't turn out the way we all hope and pray for....then you will deal with it......... and we'll all be there for you. Go and enjoy your holiday Catrinka !! My thoughts will be with you.........Deb
Thanks for the reassurance- I have good days when it's off my mind, and bad days when I get pain and start to worry. Let's just hope it doesn't decide to play up on holiday!
Will keep you updated x
Well had one day of pain on holiday after swimming, the rest fine.

Saw gyno yesterday who done another scan. He doesn't think it's an endo cyst, and couldn't see my ovaries (they couldn't in the last scan either) so he thinks the cyst has maybe twisted them together hence the pain. Surgery scheduled for 8th August. He also arranged for more
Blood tests to test for other cancers by told me he does not think that's what this is but just wants to cover every avenue. So it's a mystery what's caused this!