Ovarian Cysts Community
9cm Hemorhagic cyst... I'm scared

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

9cm Hemorhagic cyst... I'm scared

I am 28 years old. I have an 18 month old. I am an active runner and try to live a healthy lifestyle. Recently I have been experiencing this lingering pain in my lower right side, One day it was so intense I thought it was my appendix rupturing. I went to my OB/GYN, they did an U/S and found a 9 x 6 cm hemorhagic cyst that had ruptured a little bit b/c it was bleeding? He said I had 2 options for the moment. Go to Surgery and remove it or wait 2 weeks and do another U/S (After I've had my period) and hope that it shrinks, and if it has he would put me on BC and keep watching it. So we both opted for that route. I am so scared and anxious. It's the fear of the unknown and trying not to think the worst. I am praying that it shrinks. Even though I had my daughter via  Cesarean section
I am extremely scared of having Surgery. If anyone has any advice to share please do! .
Avatar_dr_f_tn
You have chosen the conservative route of management and hence it will be a wait and watch policy. As long as the pain is tolerable and not worsening this approach can be followed. Large haemorrhagic cysts however will usually require removal. Hope this helps.
Take care and good luck.