Ovarian Cysts Community
Anxiety/panic post laparoscopy - anyone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I had my 16x12x10cm cyst removed 3 days ago and am very glad it's gone.  Eveyrthing went smoothly.  However, since yesterday I've been having terrible bouts of anxiety/panic.  I suffer from anxiety but this is really hard to take as I can't do much to distract myself (ie exercise).  I'm having palpitations, extra heartbeats, etc.  Klonopin works really well, finally took it last night, but I don't want to get in the habit of taking it because it's addictive.  Anyone been there done that?

Thanks,
anxious
I also have anxiety/panic attacks. Ask your doc for xanax, that helps stop my attacks. I am also on cymbalta daily. I also have an ovarian cyst that will be removed within the next 8 weeks.
I also had surgery, was under extreme stress and had major anxiety, but was so caught up in school that I didnt have time to notice it. After the semester ended, I went to a doctor and she had me check my thyroid. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism whose symptoms are palpitations, tachycardia (rapid heart rate) and anxiety. I would suggest getting your thyroid checked.
The thing that helped me the most was energy healing (holistic form of healing), working with the chi and releasing the toxics from the surgery. It was living hell for about 8 months after surgery because I was always nervous and anxious and a completely different person until I did the energy healing.

Good luck