Ovarian Cysts Community
Anxious about health and MRI

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Anxious about health and MRI

After being ill for a year beginning July last year and frequent trips back and forwards to GPs who put it all down to anxiety and ovarian cysts I ended up being rushed into hospital the day after a hysteroscopy. I had to be rushed in by ambulance suffering from toxic shock, loss of bowel and bladder control ,extreme excruciating pain in my stomach and pelvis,very low blood pressure and very very sick indeed. After a week of agony scans antibiotics painkillers and tubes in my orifices they did exploratory surgery and found I had an abscess on the back of my uterus,my bowels and other organs had been infected by this poison but still to this date they do not know what has caused it. Since being out of hospital I am trying to recover and get back to working and having some kind of semblance of a normal life. I am plagued by continuing problems, bowel problems ,going too frequently and being sensitive to some foods,pelvic problems free fluid and also hair loss. My GP thinks hair loss is common after surgery it is literally coming out in handfuls ,the bowel she thinks may also be that they have not quite returned to normal but is sending me for tests ( stool sample for absorption problems and celiac disease and blood tests for thyroid fbc and liver ) . I have had an ultrasound because of the pressure I was feeling in that area and the radiographer couldn't see my ovaries because of fluid and wasn't very talkative or reassuring.I had a follow up apt booked with my gynaecologists but today I received an appt through from the hospital and I am freaking out thinking the worst. I have had a normal smear last year, a biopsy on womb lining in Jan which was normal , a CA125 in January that came back as normal and as from about 2 months ago my bloods were back to normal levels. What is going on and why the MRI ????
Since you had abscess on the back of the uterus and bowel problems now, hence it makes sense to get the gastrointestinal system also evaluated. You need to get a colonoscopy and a biopsy colon done to confirm the diagnosis. The MRI is scheduled because the ovaries and other parts of bowel could not be visualised because of fluid. It is a more sensitive test than ultrasound.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.