Bilateral Ovarian Endometriotic Cyst
I am 39 year old.
I have been diagnosed with bilateral ovarian endometriotic cyst.
The USG of pelvis shows the following:
1. Uterus - 9 x 6.8 x 6 cm with hetrogenous myometrial texture. Endometrial thickness - 6.2 cm
2. Nabothian cyst seen in crevix
3. Right Ovary - 3.3 x 2.2 cm. Reveals cyst with fine echoes measuring 2.2cm
4. Left Ovary - 6.9 x 3.9 cm. Reveals multiple thick walled cyst with fine echoes. Largest cyst 4 x 2.7, 2.3x1.9 & 2.8 X 2.6 Cms. Also other small cysts seen
5. No adnexal mass
6. No free fluid in pelvis.

Can any one with knowledge suggest how complex is the situation and what can possibly be the line of treatment

Bilateral Ovarian Endometriotic cyst means you have chocolate cysts in both of your ovaries which is a sign of Endometriosis. I have heard before that if you have Endometriotic cysts it could mean that you have deep infiltrating endometriosis. Have you ever been told you have Endometriosis? Do you have pain during sex? Periods? Bowel movements ? etc?

hetrogenous myometrial texture means it is possible that you have Adenomyosis as your uterus is not its natural form. Do you have heavy bleeding?

Nabothian cysts are usually fine and you shouldnt worry.

To me if I was to read this it sounds like it is implicating possibly Endometriosis and Adenomyosis. If you are in pain it should be removed depending on the symptoms you are having.

What made you get the ultrasound pain?

Thanks so much to start with.

I have been experiencing pains, during my periods for the last year or so. The pain has been getting severe progressively and thats what made me approach the doctor.

Currently the doctor has put me on Ginette-35 (Cyproterone acetate and Ethinyl estradiol tablets) for 21+7+21 days. Post which I shall be having another USG to decide the future course of action.

The pain remains only during periods and is quite unbearable. Else all is OK.

I seriously hope it doesn't lead to further complications.

No problem at all :)

Do you get heavy bleeding as well?