Ovarian Cysts Community
Birth Control Pills for Endometriosis and Cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

i found i have endometriosis, and i have a cyst that i have to have laparoscopic surgery for. i am very nervous about the surgery, and afraid that my cyst will rupture.

i am wondering if birth control pills can help long term with the endometriosis. i want to know also if they will help the cyst from getting bigger. it is a complex cyst, an endometrioma.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
HI,
The best treatment for endometrioma is removal especially if it is big in size. Follow up medical hormonal treatment with birth control pills or gonadotropins will help keep endometriosis in check.
Hope this helps.
The BEST thing I have found that helps tremendously without surgery is the Depo Shot. It's a BC shot every 3 months and I have been on it for 6 years its has saved me from pain for SO LONG!! I even got coworkers with the same problems as us to try it and its helped them, BUT BE WARNED: if you stop taking it its like youre dying!! it all just rushes at you, the pain the discomfort, bloating and bleeding. But it does help while you take it give it about 2-3 weeks to kick in and you'll realize what its like to live without pain!! hope it helps!!
PEACE <3