Birth Control Pills
Hi All,

Anyone know how long it generally takes for birth control pills to help relieve the pain from ovarian cysts?  I've been on them for a week and so far no change with anything besides feeling like I have morning sickness from taking them the night before.  

Any ideas?

Jassi
Hi Jassi, it could take a cycle or two.  You need time for the hormone levels to even out in your body.  As I told another poster, you have to push for answers and putting you off is not a good thing.  Is it possible for you to seek another opinion?  
Hi Fungirl1011,

I've seen several doctors and this last one is the only one that is actually listening to me - even though we are still waiting.  I would have liked to have more done (MRI) and will be pushing for that during my next visit.  If I were to go back today I'd tell her that things were the same, if not worse since starting the pill.  I've noticed my moods have improved (yay!) but I'm bleeding more and in more pain (which is why I asked how long they generally take).  I'm going to ride it out, up my fiber and call her after my next period and see what she says then.  I complain to someone everyday that I don't feel good and a part of me thinks I'm just overreacting and perfectly fine so that is why I will just continue to wait...