Ovarian Cysts Expert Forum
Birth Control and ovarian cycst pain

Welcome to the Ovarian Cysts Forum. This is a place where you can ask your ovarian cyst questions and receive answers from highly trained physicians whose expertise is ovarian cysts. You will also find other members who share your interest in ovarian cysts.

Birth Control and ovarian cycst pain

My gynocologist put me on the 3 month birth control pill, Seasonique, after my hemmorhagic cyst ruptured. If normally it can take 1 or 2 period cycles for the pains to go away, does being on a 3 month pill change the time frame or, should I still expect the pain to last for another 1 to 2 months?  
It may take up to ~ 3 months for you to feel better, especially after a cyst ruptures, but sometimes can be sooner.  It is a good idea to be on the pill and seasonique will also help you avoid your period except for every months as well.  Good luck.  
A related discussion, Cyst was started.