Ovarian Cysts Community
Bleeding constantly... Anyone else?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Bleeding constantly... Anyone else?

I've been bleeding for over a month now. I first suspected that I had a ruptured cyst since I had alot of the other symptoms as well. Anyone else bleed everyday for over a month with a ruptured cyst?
When I was 17 this happened to me.  Not a ruptured cyst....it was a cyst and accompanying hormone imbalance....short run on BC pills resolved everything.  No further issues until I was in my late 40's!
I agree with MarieMichele. It does sound like hormonal imbalance whackage. -But you need to get it checked out if there is any chance you are pregnant. Sometimes a tubal pregnancy mimics ovarian cyst rupture problems and it can turn into a life-threatening issue. Even if you don't have medical insurance, you should have an ultrasound and some blood tests (to check for infection). Good luck, and feel better soon...~MM
Both ladies gave excellent advice.  I too had bleeding like this and mine was VERY heavy.  Mine was due to endometriosis.  Please call your doctor and let him/her know what is going on.  Good luck!!
Update:

went to my regular gyno on april 30 and he gave me birth control pills and said if i still had bleeding and pain in a week or two to come back. no manual exam... no ultrasound... nothing. after 12 doses i still have bleeding/pain. went to a second dr yesterday and he didn't feel any masses and took a look at my cervix and looks normal... no polyps. also tested my urine for pregnancy... negative. wanted me to do ultrasound on thursday but it's $260. called my regular gyno today and they told me over the phone to double up on the birth control pills and call on friday with bleeding update.
Hello again...
Do you use any natural supplements? Black cohosh, bear berry and alphalpha (for iron and blood rebuilders) help to regulate female hormones...Any other symptoms like hot flashes, heart palpitations, crabbiness?
If you have an ultrasound done, have a transvaginal one. It is more accurate and can pick up any fibroids, cysts, or tumors. The other worry of course is ovarian cancer, but it is usually asymptomatic before the bleeding shows up...Most likely, this is from a hormone imbalance...Good luck and keep us posted! -Also, while you are bleeding, have your red blood cell level monitored for anemia (every 1-2 weeks). If you begin feeling like you are about to pass out when you stand, break out in cold sweats, or keep getting dizzy or short of breath under normal exertions, -get seen ASAP! This means your body is no longer keeping up with the blood loss...Drink LOADS of water, eat red meat if you can, and take vitamin B complex to give your body blood builders...Take care...((((((HUGZ))))~MM
I don't take natural supplements. Someone else mentioned to me about anemia and I looked to see if that was covered by my multivitamin. I do get 100% of my daily value of iron from it. Also, I don't have any of those other symptoms you mentioned.
Update for anyone reading....

i doubled up on the birth control pills and come last friday i wasn't bleeding. doc says to now take just the one pill a day. sunday started with spotting and then full bleed on monday. called doc and he says to take 3 pills for 3 days and then 2 pills for 3 days and call when the bleeding stops. i ask... shouldn't i be trying to find out WHY i am bleeding. nurse says if pills can't control the bleeding then we look for other things like biopsy and look for bad tissue. my husband is sick of this. the second dr is ready to do ultrasound so we are scheduled for that this thursday. i'll be back then. :)
I'm glad you got a second opinion.  I'm also glad to hear that you scheduled for an ultrasound.  Will you see the doctor after your ultrasound on Thursday?   I hope you get some answers soon.  It really bothers me that your first doctor just wanted you to keep taking more and more birth control pills. Please let us know what you find out. I'm praying for you!
It's been awhile, but I had a ruptured cyst once a few years ago. You would know. The pain is INTENSE. Probably one of the worst I've ever felt. And a lot of blood, in a short amount of time. At least that was my experience. Hope that helps.
update

had ultrasound yesterday. met with gyno to get results this morning. says my uterus is slightly enlarged and i have a large build up of fluid prob old blood. uterine wall is a little bit thick. he says he could do biopsy. i have a small simple cyst on my left ovary that looks to be dissolving. he says to stop birth control pills and have a huge heavy period to sluff off the uterine wall. we'll see how this bleed goes. he says my ovaries don't show signs of ovarian cancer and as far as uterine cancer i don't fit the profile.
update:

i had a 10 day heavy period just like doc said. when i stopped i started on bc once a day. we went ahead and scheduled for a hysterectomy. i had that this last wednesday. he removed my uterus, cervix, and my left ovary. he said my uterus was slightly enlarged, folded, and very boggy/mushy. my ovary was the size of a racketball. it was like a big cyst (he didn't know what type) and the outside was very coarse. everything is going to pathology. i have follow up appt with doc on the 23rd. i'll be back then.
hi glad to read you are over your op plenty of rest now keep posted while you are waiting for results its a very stressfull time and rember you are not alone you have your freinds on the forum i will pray for you x
forgot to update this...

everything came back non cancerous.

i had an ectopic pregnancy that had died and turned into some type of growth and attached to my ovary.

i had adenomyosis and fibroid tumors in my uterus.
Wow, you really went through a lot.  I hope that you are fully recovered now and back on your feet.  Thank goodness everything was benign.  I hope you continue to do well.