Ovarian Cysts Community
Both Breast and Ovarian Cysts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

Both Breast and Ovarian Cysts

I have recently been diagnosed with breast cysts, as well as an unidentifiable lump, which does not show up on the mammogram or ultrasound. I also have been in severe pain for over a week, due to a baseball sized hemmoragic cyst on my left ovary, which the emergency room has determined needs to be removed soon. The ultrasound also shows a smaller cyst on my right ovary, and moderately sized fibroids. I also have a skin cyst on my inner thigh and a reoccurring swollen lymph node behind my left ear. I am feeling a bit off center, with all of this news coming at once with no defined answers. I have a lumpectomy scheduled for June, and I have to set up a gyn appointment this monday. I have a family history of every kind of cancer immaginable, and I am scared to death. Any advice would be appreciated.
I'm so sorry you are going through this.  Keep in mind that over 95% of all cysts are benign.  It does sound like you have some hormones going haywire and hopefull all this is due to an inbalance.  Good luck with everything.
Well on Monday they decided the cyst needed to come out. I went in for an appointment and 6 hours later I was in surgery. They actually found two cysts: one the size of a baseball and full of clear fluid, one the size of a plum and bleeding into my abdomen. They were able to remove both and leave the ovary intacked. I am just happy to have they out. The pain from the surgery is more bearable than the constant pain from the cysts. Thank you for you comment; TrudieC. They said that nothing looked like cancer, but they sent them out anyway.
Great news!  You will be amazed how much better you will continue to feel.  Take care of yourself, get lots of rest and do not overexert, vacuum, or lift for the 6 to 8 weeks they say.  Spoil yourself as you recover.