Bump after surgery
I had abdominal surgery 10 days ago, and I now that the staples are out and the incision is healing, I am noticing that the incision area is forming into a bump straight across the lower abdomen. I know it  has only been 10 days but I am wondering if this is normal? If so, how long does it typically take before it starts to go down. Because of the swelling still and now this bump, it looks like a ski hill on my belly.

Thanks!
Marci
I have a weird elevation of the incision site too, but I really believe it's normal.
If you go to the "Hyster Sisters" site, you will see they sell this thing called "swelly belly" to help with just such issues.

When you have your check up, you can discuss it with your doctor, but until then, apply cool pressure, take it easy, and give your body time to heal.

Keep us posted!

Morrowville
I totally had the bump or swelly belly after surgery.  Mine continued for several weeks.  I wouldn't worry about it too much.  I hope you are on the road to recovery and just remember to wear stretchy pants! LOL

Shawn