Ovarian Cysts Expert Forum
CT scan

Welcome to the Ovarian Cysts Forum. This is a place where you can ask your ovarian cyst questions and receive answers from highly trained physicians whose expertise is ovarian cysts. You will also find other members who share your interest in ovarian cysts.

CT scan

I have ovarian cysts because I have PCOS. I had a CT scan of my pelvis done in the emergency room June. I was looking at the CD, and there was a flag on one of the pages, with an arrow pointing to something on the image. There was no mention of anything abnormal on the report. How can I find out what the flag and arrow meant?
Hopefully, your primary care physician or gynecologist can help you follow up on this to be sure you are well after your ER visit.  If there is nothing abnormal in the report, then overall this is good news and it could be that the arrow pointing may just be a landmark the radiologist put on there to help remind him or herself of something when they were looking at this pictures to make the report.  I would still recommend you have some type of follow up after an ER visit to be sure there is nothing else to do and your physician can help sort this out.  Good luck.
It makes sense that the arrow could be a landmark for the radiologist. I have followed up with my doctor and gynecologist, and will be taking a trip out of state next month to see a few specialists over my continued problems. Thank you for your response.