Ovarian Cysts Community
Can I have a laparoscopic surgery when I am on my period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I period is due around the date when my surgery is scheduled. The surgery is to remove an ovarian cyst. Will it be a problem? Did anybody have similar experience. Thank you so much.
I had my cervix dilated for endometrial biopsy while on my period - it was horrible! Reschedule!
I have also had laproscopy for ocyst and fibroid removal but not on my period but right before. It hurts for about a week.  I put my pain meds on a schedule ( as prescribed on bottle ) set your alarm for the first couple of nights so you don't wake up in pain during the middle of the night.
Thank you so much for your reply, ginicart. I called the surgery center and was told that it should not be a big problem if it is the first day since it is usually not heavy. But I have not heard directly from my surgeon yet. My surgery has been re-scheduled once already. I really want it to be over. Thank you for your advice.