Can an ovarian cyst stop your menstrual cycle?
I am 38 years old  with a history of ovarian cysts & endometriosis. I haven't had a period in four months now. I have never had irregular periods before even with the endo.  Had 2 surgeries to remove adhesions and 1 to remove a softball sized hemmoragic cyst.
Doctor says I am not in perimenopause either. I have pain at my left ovary, clear discharge, and blood clots have come out during a bowel movement.  Aside from feeling bloated and basically horrible the pain is becoming worse.
Could there be something  blocking the blood from releasing??

HI,
Ovarian cysts especially the functional ones that secrete hormones like estrogens can stop menstruation for several months. Such a thing is also often found in women with PCOS. The pain can be a result of ovarian cysts as well as endometriosis. The menstrual blood will usually flow out freely unless there is severe cervical stenosis. Consult your gynaecologist for an evaluation.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.
Thank you very much for the info! I know that I don't have PCOS because my sister has it.  I have an appointment with my doctor in January so I will let you know how it goes :)