Can cysts be cured?
It all started out last year when I thought I had a urinary tract infection because I was having pain in my lower stomach area. I was told it was an ovarian cyst. And to help tone down the pain I would use a heating pad ..every night. I still do. And I'm on my period right now, which is why it hurts more than usual. I'm just so sick of this pain and was wondering if cysts can be cured.. can I get rid of it without having to resort to surgery? I have the pain randomly throughout the week. And usually a week or two before my period starts.. during my period and maybe a week or two after it ends. And then just randomly. It hurts like I have a bladder infection but I've had this pain for so long that I know it's the cysts. What can I do?
well, first off you need to see your dr and find out how big it is.  I had one rupture a few weeks ago myself and still have 2 on my right ovary.  i have to have follow up ultrasound in 5 weeks to see if they are taking care of themselves, otherwise my dr is going to put me on bc to shrink them.  You need to find out the size of cysts and what type of ovarian cyst it is.  That will all make a difference on how they are taken care of.
i was diagnosed with a 5 cm cyst on l ovary 8 weeks ago. at the time  i had the mirena and i read that they cause cysts so i immediatly had it removed. i also started taking the pill (they gave me yaz). the pill keeps new cysts from forming. and i went today for a follow up ultrasound and the cyst is gone! i also thought i had a bladder infection when i got diagnosed. so i really think the pill helped me even though not all docs think it reduces the size
birth control shrinks the cysts? CAuse ive been on birth control for a bout 3 months now..
Birth control can shrink cysts but it doesn't always work. However, it does prevent new ones from forming!
Hi there. I am no expert, but not all the cysts can be shrunk with birth control pills. For example, I had a 6 cm cyst which they believed it was cancer, but it turned to be an endometrioma, a cyst that forms by endometriosis and as soon as it was removed surgically, the cancer marker came out in the normal range.

It is difficult to diagnose which type is it and normally they do a laparoscopy, they insert a camera to see and if it is small they can remove it. In my case, since it was too big, I had a laparotomy (like a C-section) to remove it and the doctor also removed adhesions and now I am free of cysts and are under doctor's control because I want to have kids.

Talk to your doctor and see which option is better for you.  Also, in this forum there are a lot of women who have gone through similar situations and that could help you out.

Best wishes,

Neta
NEvermind, i went to the doctors and i have a bladder infection. lol . BUT im also having a pelvic ultrasound done next friday to see how the cyst is doing and w/e.