Ovarian Cysts Community
Can i get the surgery to remove my ovarian cists?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cysts.

I was recently diagnosed with ovarian cists on my left ovary. I was having pain neausea and dizziness before i got diagnosed and it has become increasingly worse. I have been bleeding now for 25 days and the pain and other symptoms are horrible. Am i eligable for the surgery cuz i feel like my dr is not really doing anything and i want the pain to go away and be done with it.
I am sure you can have surgery if you so desire.  Did you see your regular doctor or an ob/gyn?
ya i had seen my regular obgyn but he didnt seem to pay attention to me so im seeing another one but she is monitoring me for 2 weeks to wait for my medical records and to do another ultrasound. can i really get the surgery if i tell them i want it or can they deny me cuz i really want it. ive been bleeding for over a month and my symptms r getting worse
Are they sure that is what is causing the bleeding?  My gyn gave me the option at every appt to go into surgery (I went for 3 months for ultrasounds every month).  I finally had it done in December.
he was pretty sure that thats what is cauing the symptoms after he did the ultrasound and saw a couple of them on my left cyst. neither one of them have given me the option yet but i go back next week. and i want the surgery my pain is getting a lot worse. was it painful the surgery?
I did not have much pain at all after the surgery.  I did not even fill my prescription for pain medicine!  Hope that is how it is for you too! :o)
i went to the dr today and they wanna do another ultrasound to see how big the cysts are cuz they said they need to be at least 6 cms in order for them to take them out