Can i still get pregnant with one ovary
Im a 35 year old new mum to a gorgeous daughter i had 3 weeks ago. I had a C section which im glad about as they found i had a large dermoid cyst growing out of my ovary. The doctors removed the cyst and ovary there and then. I am now worried wether the cyst could be cancerous?, wether or not im going to get one on my other ovary? and wether or not i should try for another baby rather sooner than later? Could anyone please help me with answer's to these questions. Thanks
first of all congratulations on ur new daughter ... secondly congratulations on ur doc removing the cyst and ovary .. it is my understanding that if u have one functioning ovary u can still become pregnant ... it was also my understanding that most dermoids occurred very early in life and hardly ever grow (my cysts werent dermoids but i read alot about them) ... i think it was trudie who had one ovary for a long time and it double produced .. she'll check in eventually and clear that part up for ya

these two links below provide a lot of info about 1. cysts in general and 2. dermoids specifically

http://www.****.***

http://www.****.***

shout out if u need anything :)

love
sharon

Congratulations on your new baby girl !!! I'm sure when they removed the ovary & cyst that they did a pathology report on it.. I think you would have heard by now if there were any problems. But to ease your mind, why not call your Dr. and ask if the path report came back on the cyst.

Just because you had a cyst on one ovary doesn't necessarily mean you will get another.. and yes you can still get pregnant with only one ovary. Just think.. Only one ovary each month releases the egg. Regarding whether to try for pregnancy right away, that has got to be your decision based on your physicians advice and your own feelings.

There is some wonderful information here at the top right of this page. Called "Health Pages" .. Poke around on there and there is a lot of information on all sorts of cysts, including Dermoid cysts ..And, you will have a follow up appt. with your Gyn in about 6 weeks right?  Make sure you get the answers you seek !

And, in the meantime, enjoy your brand new little girl and don't worry !!.. But, do discuss all of these concerns with your Dr.

Let us know how you're doing,
Sandy